[CentOS] Re: Gnome Desktop Questions?

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Sep 9 14:40:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, September 5, 2008 11:41, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I have a couple of oddities that I hope someone here can clarify for me.
>
> OS = CentOS-5.2 all updates applied to date.

I have discovered that the dynamic system process monitor is a Gnome Panel
Applet which is installed by right clicking on the top panel menu bar,
selecting "Add to Panel" and then selecting the "System Monitor Applet".
I must have done this on the first machine and then forgotten having done
it.

The other items are alos Panel Applets and these may be added to the
appropriate drop down menus by first adding them to the panel bar and then
dragging them to the desired menu.  This too, I must have known about and
performed on the first machine and then forgotten.

I hope that this minor administrative detail proves of some use to those
who offered suggestions.

Many thanks.

Canada  L8E 3C3