[CentOS] Re: Need help with an odd issue I am experiencing

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Sep 9 21:07:24 UTC 2008

> I see, when I trace the domain you are sending email from I assumed it was
> you on a comcast link.
>
> Or maybe roadrunner resells comcast in your area or comcast bought
> roadrunner in your area?
>
> The dlsi.com dig pointing at 0.0.0.0 was interesting.
>
> Never ever seen dns point to 0.0.0.0
It just means they have tried to break their A or never had one pointing to
their domain root.
Their MX has valid records, so the mail will still flow.

Comcast is just shown as the netblock owner, they could have re-sold a subnet,
or acquired the block from the original owner.

My netblock is now owned by Verizon, but the ARIN records still have many
references to UUNet, also long gone.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and