[CentOS] Compromised

Jason Sutherland jay at jaysweb.net
Wed Sep 10 03:47:15 UTC 2008

Yeah pull the network plug first. Then boot up with a knoppix CD to
backup your data and/or image the disk, then reload. I'm sure you could
do a full audit of the system but reloading is likely much quicker.

A word to the wise on the account pcguest, if it was one you created,
set the shell to something like /sbin/nologin. That can help to prevent
unauthorized ssh access if you happen to leave a password blank. I'll
leave the additional suggestions and heckles to others on the lists.