[CentOS] RE: Logwatch / spamassassin

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Sep 11 13:33:00 UTC 2008

Bob Hoffman wrote:
>  So..
>
> To answer my own question...
>
> so I edited the file /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> whitelist_from logwatch at localhost.localdomain
>
> Where localhost.localdomain is your hostname.servername
>
> And it worked.
>
> However, I am concerned about spoofing. I would think that mail agent
> and spamassassin would have an 'okay, it's a local user' thing going
> on.

Generally, using 'whitelist_from' is a bad idea due to spoofing.  The
address you are using will probably not cause too many problems, but you
should still fix it if possible.  Use 'whitelist_from_rcvd' instead.
This will whitelist the address only if the mail comes from a specified
domain.

Try this (untested):

whitelist_from_rcvd logwatch at localhost.localdomain localhost.localdomain

Note that this will require your DNS server to resolve
localhost.localdomain (forward and reverse).

Another option is to configure your mail server to bypass SA entirely
for local mail.

--
Bowie