[CentOS] Java install

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:40:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 12:38 -0400, Steve Huff wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > While using Fedora, I always used java straight from Sun. What is
> > recommended for CentOS?? Getting jetty, java and other java apps
> > working
> > correctly has been a real chore. If I used nothing but RPMs for
> > CEntOS,
> > would I have a real working java install? I need some help on this one
> > badly. Ric
>

> http://jpackage.org/ makes your life easier.

Which of the jpackage sites do you use for yum? I'm definitely looking
into cfengine, as mentioned by Nate. I prefer "easy" over "bare-knucks"
any day. I just rpm -e'd everything on this system with java in it.
starting over from scratch. :) Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339