[CentOS] Java install
wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:37:14 UTC 2008
On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 15:15 -0400, Steve Huff wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> http://jpackage.org/ makes your life easier.
> > Which of the jpackage sites do you use for yum? I'm definitely looking
> > into cfengine, as mentioned by Nate.
> i'm not quite sure what you're asking here, unfortunately. i
> configure yum for jpackage by putting http://jpackage.org/jpackage17.repo
> into /etc/yum.repos.d and setting enabled=1 for the jpackage-rhel
> and jpackage-generic-nonfree repositories. as for which specific
> mirror to use... you could use the yum-fastestmirror plugin, or if you
> want to hardcode it, do some testing and pick the mirror (http://jpackage.org/mirroring.php#mirrors
> ) that works best for you.
I'm sorry, I was in "Deer in the headlights mode". I should have said
repos specifically. I have had these enabled:
* epel: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
* adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
* jpackage-fc: planetmirror.com
* jpackage-generic-nonfree: planetmirror.com
* jpackage-rhel: planetmirror.com
* rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
* jpackage-generic: planetmirror.com
* base: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
* updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
* centosplus: mirror.centos.org
* addons: mirror.centos.org
* extras: mirror.centos.org
With Fedora, we had some problems between differing repos. So, I'd
enable one and set another to 0, as I knew my way around. Which are
verboten to mix within CentOS? Any on that list that need to be
scratched out?? Thanks for your assistance. Ric
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339
More information about the CentOS