[CentOS] Java install

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:37:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 15:15 -0400, Steve Huff wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> >> http://jpackage.org/ makes your life easier.
> >
> > Which of the jpackage sites do you use for yum? I'm definitely looking
> > into cfengine, as mentioned by Nate.
>
> i'm not quite sure what you're asking here, unfortunately.  i
> configure yum for jpackage by putting http://jpackage.org/jpackage17.repo
>   into /etc/yum.repos.d and setting enabled=1 for the jpackage-rhel
> and jpackage-generic-nonfree repositories.  as for which specific
> mirror to use... you could use the yum-fastestmirror plugin, or if you
> want to hardcode it, do some testing and pick the mirror (http://jpackage.org/mirroring.php#mirrors
> ) that works best for you.

I'm sorry, I was in "Deer in the headlights mode". I should have said
repos specifically. I have had these enabled:
 * epel: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
 * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
 * jpackage-fc: planetmirror.com
 * jpackage-generic-nonfree: planetmirror.com
 * jpackage-rhel: planetmirror.com
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
 * jpackage-generic: planetmirror.com
 * base: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
 * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
 * centosplus: mirror.centos.org
 * addons: mirror.centos.org
 * jetty6localrepo:
 * extras: mirror.centos.org

With Fedora, we had some problems between differing repos. So, I'd
enable one and set another to 0, as I knew my way around. Which are
verboten to mix within CentOS? Any on that list that need to be
scratched out?? Thanks for your assistance. Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339