[CentOS] cfengine and crontab

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 11 23:25:01 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> Thanks Nate. I'm googling for simple setups, found one that was SuSe
> oriented, another that is written for CentOS. The latter one being
> better. I'm still getting the "Deer in the headlights" syndrome, I'm not
> getting this:

If that is the level of deployment you are at, I would recommend very
sincerely too, that you atleast look at puppet and bcfg2 as alternatives
to cfengine.

cfengine is, imho, well past its use by date. And the development
inertia on that project leaves much to be desired. Some might argue that
'it does what it says on the tin', but then - it doesnt really say a lot
on the tin, does it ?