[CentOS] Standby Issue

Test

test at remedial-teacher.nl
Fri Sep 12 16:58:46 UTC 2008

Hi List,

I'm running Centos 5.2 on an Pentium III-1000

The box has been running for almost a year without any (hardware) issues.

SInce a few weeks the box goes into standby (power led flashes) without
any obvious reason (ie. i cannot find anything). This happens randomly
(box runs for 1 day and does this, next time it runs for 5 days and it
happens).
Normally when a box goes into standby, you should be able to start it
again pressing the power button, but this does not work. I have to
completely unplug it and then it boots up again (after plugging it in
again ;-))

I thought it was due to a kernel upgrade from 2.6.18-92.1.6 to 2.6.18-92.1.10,
but after a downgrade the same issue occurred

I have checked about all settings (loaded modules, logfiles, bios etc.)
I have stopped the acpid, still no go...
cpuspeed is not running...
Bios has got all powermanagement stuff disable..

So basically i am looking for some hints on solving this...

Anyone...?

--

Test <test at remedial-teacher.nl>