[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.7 status

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:10:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 9-12-2008 2:54 AM Josh Donovan spake the following:
>>
>> Karanbir Singh  wrote:
>>
>>> The 4.7 release is syncing out to external mirrors right
>>> now, we should have enough done for release by Monday night ( for
>>> i386/x86_64 )
>>>

>> Any update?
>>
> Starting to sound like when my children were younger and we went on a trip.
>
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> "Are we there yet?"
>
> "NO"
> :-D

They should have stuck with the "when it's ready" response instead of
telling us the "5th or 6th", then "Monday night". They created greater
anticipation by suggesting an actual time line. And greater
frustration by missing it. "When it's ready" always worked for me in
the past, but since they gave a date this time, I've been obsessively
checking the mirrors looking for the release. It's human nature.

--
Jeff