[CentOS] Re: Yum-updatesd

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 12 21:47:01 UTC 2008

on 9-12-2008 2:15 PM Bob Hoffman spake the following:

> Finsihing my server set up..
> Yum-updatesd
>
> This is on, via the chkconfig and seems to run a lot.
>
> TO DO: auto update YUM for the computer once a day.
> Files: /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf
> Extra: send a mail or add to log file
>
> This is the centos original file and my suggested changes.
> If anyone uses this, do you have something similar?

I don't run it on critical servers. I have had too many updates that needed to
have manual intervention to get the server running again. Most were trivial to
fix, but it still took someone being there to fix it.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and