[CentOS] Computer and network devices management tool

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 06:29:12 UTC 2008

Lunix1618 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to deploy a monitoring system that need to keep watch on every
> device/host on my LAN.
> Can anyone recommend me a tool that in CentOS packages stock ? I know
> some tool like GLPI but no available CentOS package so I want to looking
> for something else that already that tested on CentOS.
>
> I am running CentOS 5.2

Ocsinventory-ng (http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php?page=English)
has agents that will report the hardware/software/network config from
all of the computers.  Glpi will take this and let you manually add
other equipment and information.

There are Centos-compatible rpms for both in this repository:
http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en  - you also need to
configure the EPEL repo for some perl/php modules.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com