[CentOS] alias ip-addresses at loopback

Dmitry Cherkasov

doctorchd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:56:53 UTC 2008

Hello everybody!

Could anybody advice on the following problem.
I need to assign several ip-addresses to 'lo' interface (beside
127.0.0.1). It is convenient to me to implement NAT with such
addresses.
I can easily assign these addresses on running system with 'ip address
add <some addr/prefix> dev lo'. Yet I cannot understand how to make
these settings apply on boot time. Certainly it is possible to patch
standard system scripts like /etc/rc.d/init.d/network, but I suppose
there must be more straight way to do this.

P.S. I use CentOS 5.2

--
Dmitry Cherkasov