[CentOS] Re: i didn't see the 4.7 announcement

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 19:46:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 21:32 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> > +1 And I have no filters and do get all the other anounce stuff. FWIW, I
> > never did get the 4.6 either.
>
> Are you sure that you have *no* filters in place at
> <http://lists.centos.org/mailman/options/centos-announce>? Do you really get *every*
> announcement, even for CentOS 2.1 or CentOS 3 S/390?

Of course, one can not prove a negative. I can only say that I do
normally see announcements for CentOS 2, 3, 4, 5 and all architectures
as they become available (presuming I've not missed any and there are no
delays). Since I am not pressed for time by daily work requirements, I
figure the potential learning from watching them all is worth the
effort.

However, another post implies a possible oversight on my part. He
mentions entry # 5 in an announcement. Being an (a?)typical "hoomon", I
could've scrolled by too quickly and missed them. <*sigh*>. The ultimate
CPE problem.

Thinking about it, I tend too watch for the point releases in there own
announcements. Bad habit I guess.

--
Bill