[CentOS] OT: Unix/Linux Training Online

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:09:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Matt <lm7812 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a bit off topic but I was interested in taking some online
> classes.  I currently have an associates degree in electronics tech
> from about 15 years back but was wanting to expand on that and learn
> more about linux.  Oreillyschool.com has a somewhat affordable online
> certificate course in UNIX/linux admin.  The downside is I do not know
> if there credits would ever transfer if I wanted to build on that.
> Has anyone taken there course or know anyone that did?  Is it worth a
> hoot?  Is there a better option?  Is a simple certificate worth that
> much anyway?
>
> Matt

I've taken their course.  It's not too bad a course I suppose.  I'm
not a sysadmin.  Had I been one I might have put to use the skills
learned on how to set up a secondary DNS for example.  The module on
bash/perl scripting was good for me as was the one on networking.  The
first two would be basic for most people who've been around Linux CLI
for any amount of time.  Unless you want/need the certificate, I'd
simply look at the course description and do the one(s) that you feel
you need.

Jacques B.