[CentOS] Security Guide for CentOS/RHEL

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 14:51:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 14:31 +0000, Josh Donovan wrote:
> Is there a step by step approach to securing CentOS 4X (or even RHEL
> 4X)? I don't mean the stuff in the docs/security guide but a working
> step by step guide? There used to be packages like rkhunter and
> tripwire but I don't know if the ones in rpmforge/kbs repo are up to
> date.

For rkhunter, as far as I can remember, the Fedora 8/9 packages are upto
date, so you could download one of those from a mirror and install it.
Personally, I install rkhunter from source, but you can build an RPM
from the source tarball if you want (the source includes an RPM spec
file). Latest version is 1.3.2.

John.