[CentOS] can't get KRDC to connect to remove Windows server - how to make it work?

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 09:31:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to a remote Widnows server from my CentOS 5.2 / KDE
3.5.4-11, but everytime I try and connect I get the following error:

Could not start rdesktop: make sure rdesktop is properly installed

And I connect using krdc rdp:/remote.host.name - but I also tried krdc rdp:/
1.2.3.4 from the command line. It pop's up the preferences box, where I
specify the screen resolution, and then click connect.

How can I get connected to a remote Windows server from CentOS / KDE?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers