[CentOS] Getting perl CGI programs to work on CentOS 5 server

Andrew Allen andy.allen at virgin.net
Tue Sep 23 10:49:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 21:41 +0530, Raja Subramanian wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Andrew Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net> wrote:
> > This has worked absolutely fine in the past, but now when I invoke it,
> > either nothing appears in the browser (Mozilla Firefox) or I get
> > "Internal Server Error" - any ideas please?
>
> Check your web server logs to find out what went wrong.

Thanks everybody, but I still can't find the server log(s)!
I've looked at /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and it says the following
about location of the error log:
# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.
# If you do not specify an ErrorLog directive within a <VirtualHost>
# container, error messages relating to that virtual host will be
# logged here.  If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>
# container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.
#
ErrorLog logs/error_log

But when I look for files with the name error_log I don't see anything
which looks like a (plain text) server error log file - and there is no
such file in the /etc/httpd/logs directory. Where am I going wrong
please?

Andy