[CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Sep 23 23:49:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 01:54:20AM -0400, John wrote:

> [...]

Thanks John for the info.

As far as I know I'm NOT using the protect feature/plugin. I purposely set
up priorities back when I first installed Centos5 and purposely did NOT set
up the protect stuff. I read the documentation on the wiki about it and
decided that priorities made a lot more sense.

here's the first part of yum output, wherein it says nothing about
any protections other than via priority:

	 * pidgin: rpm.pidgin.im
	 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
	 * base: updates.interworx.info
	 * updates: mirror.trouble-free.net
	 * addons: mirrors.unbornmedia.com
	 * extras: mirror.trouble-free.net
	Excluding Packages in global exclude list
	Finished
	412 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
	Setting up Update Process
	Resolving Dependencies

I've got priorities in CentOS-Base.repo set to 1 except for centosplus
and contrib which are 2. pidgin.repo has all three items set to priority
of 40, and rpmforge.repo is set to 10.

Anybody see anything wrong with that?

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding