[CentOS] More on Linux on the OQO

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Sep 24 00:21:55 UTC 2008

Marko A. Jennings wrote:
>  23, 2008 4:07 pm, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> What is the crusoe processor?
>>

> I have to believe that you have heard of Wikipedia:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusoe_processor
I just did not know what to use for my googling to get to this. Thanks.

This wiki page even lists the OQOs as examples of crusoe processors.

Now in terms of actually running Centos on this device, how do I enable
crusoe processing? Given that there is suppose to be an abstraction
layer here, is it in the OS thus it must be enabled (if so how will the
CD install even work?) or it is in the OQO's BIOS thus this is an
optimization?