[CentOS] auto create user home by vsftpd

Leutz, Alexander

A.Leutz at itservices24.de
Wed Sep 24 06:25:59 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

we using our centos server with vsftpd and windbind.

our users can log on via ftp on the centos server by using their
windows-ad-domain-accounts.

That's working fine.

But vsftpd doesn't auto create user home dirs, if the user connects the
first time to the system.

Anybody some suggestions why?

Our configuration in the /etc/pam.d/vsftp:

session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

Greats & Thanks

Alexander

Alexander Leutz
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Accredited Systems Engineer (ASE) ProLiant Server

Telefon:		+49-6023-9471-0
Durchwahl:	+49-6023-9471-43
Fax:		+49-6023-9471-25
Mobil:		+49-171-7146534
E-Mail:		A.Leutz at itservices24.de
Internet:		http://www.itservices24.de

ITservices24 GmbH, Max-Planck-Str.2a, 63755 Alzenau

Geschaftsfuhrer: Matthias Stephan, Mario Zander, Matthias Veith
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Alzenau, Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg HRB 8096
UStID-Nr. DE 216819403