[CentOS] Graphical net install

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:35:04 UTC 2008

 -----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Test
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:55 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Graphical net install

Euhhh..

I guess you mean the pxe config file ?

That CAN be configured with boot options:

My file looks like (/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default):

prompt 1
default co52
timeout 1000
display boot.msg

label co52
  kernel co52/vmlinuz
  append initrd=co52/initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192

label co52_g
  kernel co52/vmlinuz rhgb
  append initrd=co52/initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 ip=dhcp
ks=nfs:192.168.0.11:/data/exports/co52/ks.cfg lang=en_US keymap=us
--
Test <test at remedial-teacher.nl>

JohnStanley Writes:

Yes that is the only thing that can be configured. You can only configure
the Labels in it for booting different Oses with Test only install. I spent
TWO Days trying to get the old RHEL4 PXE setup to work on RHEL5 using the
RHEL4 packages and there was just to many changes made against EL5 to do so.

If you don't mind me asking are you using EL4 "CentOS 4" or Cobbler or
Spacewalk?

Any way since your appending a Kick Start file why not just do a completely
Unattended Install. Turn the machine on and walk away. "method=unattended"

JohnStanley