[CentOS] GUI FTP

Gopinath Achari gopinath at signal-networks.com
Mon Sep 29 12:13:01 UTC 2008

This was the error message generated during an upload to the ftp server

login was done through local user on ftp server

226 Directory send OK.
Received URL
ftp://gopinath@192.168.1.40:21/home/gopinath/r8169-6.005.00.tar.bz2
(LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8)
SIZE /home/gopinath/r8169-6.005.00.tar.bz2
213 41002
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,40,233,89)
PORT 192,168,1,40,233,89
500 Illegal PORT command.
(LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8)
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,101,143,76)
LIST -aL
150 Here comes the directory listing.
226 Directory send OK.