[CentOS] OT - Monitoring tool

Robert Spangler

mlists at zoominternet.net
Tue Sep 30 03:46:38 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

While I know this isn't Centos related, you guys seems to be on top of your
game around here.  Sorry for the off-topic.

I'm looking for a tool to monitor my servers and send either an email or page
or both when something breaks.  I would like it to monitor all sorts of
services on the servers with one small detail, I'd like it to be able to
confiugre so if the DBA need something monitor that is hosted on a shared
system that they can only change what they are responsible for and not
something else that is being monitored on that system.

Is there such a program out there?

--

Regards
Robert