[CentOS] Authconfig

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Apr 1 00:07:12 UTC 2009

Anyone used authconfig to join a CentOS box to an AD Domain?
I can't for the life of me get this command to even execute without
error?

Looking at the tui which I can make work, I am trying to glean possible
settings from it but have no luck. Although krb5 auth is disabled and winbind
is enabled, there is kerb conf that must be setup etc...

Looking at /etc/sysconfig/authconfig from a temporary box built with
a gui and joined successfully, I also can't make the cli equivalent work?

I can't find a single piece of info via Google either.

Any pointers would be helpful!
jlc