[CentOS] Upgrade

Timo Neuvonen timo-news at tee-en.net
Wed Apr 1 09:39:48 UTC 2009

> > You didn't wait for the official release announcement ;)
>
> Why should he? Is he only allowed to run yum update after each
> official announcement?
> I still see no release announcement yet, but packages are already
> available.

In turn, I can see the release announcement, but no packages :-(

A few more hours won't hurt me, but I'd be curious to know if I can force
yum to use certain mirror that seem to be in sync.
I'm located in Finland, and the two local mirros have ages of 1.8 and 1.9
days now:
http://mirror-status.centos.org/
However, I can see plenty of other mirrors in nearby countries that are 3-4
hours old only.

--
TiN