[CentOS] Upgrade

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Apr 1 10:36:01 UTC 2009

Timo Neuvonen wrote:
>>> You didn't wait for the official release announcement ;)
>> Why should he? Is he only allowed to run yum update after each
>> official announcement?
>> I still see no release announcement yet, but packages are already
>> available.
>
> In turn, I can see the release announcement, but no packages :-(
>
> A few more hours won't hurt me, but I'd be curious to know if I can force
> yum to use certain mirror that seem to be in sync.

comment out the mirror url and uncomment the baseurl for both base and
updates.

But that might be hard on the centos.org server, so it probably is
better to wait until the mirror list is working unless you really need
the update.

I believe mirrors.kernel.org is all synced up - you could replace the
baseurl setting with their mirror.