[CentOS] 5.2-5.3 Xen upgrade weirdness

Tom Diehl

tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Apr 1 12:58:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

Has anyone tried upgrading xen domu's from 5.2 to 5.3? I just did a
yum upgrade glibc & yum upgrade yum. All appeared to go well but when I
rebooted and tried to connect to the network, I could not. Looking at
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts I see that the that there is now an ifcfg-eth0
and an ifcfg-eth0.bak. ifcfg-eth0 now contains configuration for a dynamically
configured interface and ifcfg-eth0.bak has the old static config information.

In addition, the mac address of the interface has also been changed. I can put
everything back but I would like to know if this behavior is deliberate? If so
how do I revert whatever is making the changes so that this does not happen.
I have software on some of my domu's that requires me to go get new license
keys when mac addresses or ip addresses change.

So far in my limited testing this only seems to happen on the domu. The dom0
seems to be OK, although I have not yet rebooted it.

I did not see anything in the release notes.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com