[CentOS] I see 5.3 ISO images on the mirrors

Wed Apr 1 13:54:05 UTC 2009

d2009/4/1 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> The caution about first updating glibc (?) is important. I recall from
>> the  update to 5.2, there is a difference, between "yum upgrade" and
>> "yum update".
>
> No, there is not. Except if you fiddled with the configuration and
> turned *off* obsoletes in /etc/yum.conf.

Ralph: I remembered something about a difference, between "yum upgrade"
and "yum update", from the release of CentOS 5.2.  I hadn't fiddled
with the configuration of /etc/yum.conf and did not read the Release
Notes, before I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.2.  I used "yum update" and I
was OK.   This was a gentle reminder to myself to  read the Release
Notes, which is always an outstanding idea and something I didn't do
when 5.2 came out. Last night, on the list, I picked up about updating
glibc first. In the CentOS 5 General Support Forum, in Akemi's thread,
"When will CentOS 5.3 be out"; 59,375 views at this time. I will wait
a few days, before I upgrade.  Lanny
<snip>