[CentOS] [OT] Godaddy hell...

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 2 21:45:20 UTC 2009

John R Pierce wrote:
> Jason Pyeron wrote:
>> Can I get some recommendations:
>>
>> We are looking for a hosting provider (other than godaddy) with
>>

> godaddy is a registrar, not a hosting service.    they pretend to be the
> latter, but seriously...
>

> i'd be looking for someone providing either VPS or dedicated servers.
> you get root, you get to configure.  lots and lots of choices.

I'm currently using linode.
I have CentOS running in a xen there.

My site is small low traffic, I can't vouch for how well it works in
high traffic sites, but it is really nice to have full control.

You probably will have some updating to do - the only CentOS image
available when I signed up was 5.0 but it yum updates no problem.