[CentOS] Having trouble installing flash player on centos 5.3 desktop machine

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Apr 4 17:26:11 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>

>         I'm having trouble getting the flash player installed onto my centos desktop.
>
> When i go to the adobe site, I click on the YUM for Linux version, then install it, and PC says "/tmp/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch-1.rpm is already installed" - but it's not working.

With the yum repo installed, you then need to start a terminal
(Applications->System Tools->Terminal, I think -- I don't use gnome, so
I am not sure), then in the terminal window you type:

sudo yum -y install flash_player

Assuming you are loged in as a sudo enabled user (and you really should
NOT be loged in as root).  Sudo will ask for a password -- enter your
user's password.