[CentOS] Having trouble installing flash player on centos 5.3 desktop machine

Linda Stark nadsab1 at live.com
Sat Apr 4 18:35:45 UTC 2009

> From: craigwhite at azapple.com
> To: centos at centos.org
> Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 11:25:11 -0700
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Having trouble installing flash player on centos	5.3 desktop machine
>
> On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 11:14 -0700, Linda Stark wrote:
>
> > Thanks I'll do some research on google.  For now, I am assuming that
> > the file I need to install is
> > "flash-plugin-10.0.22.87-release.i386.rpm" - is this correct?  I
> > downloaded it from adobe, assuming it
> > got saved in tmp.
> >
> > And you are saying I should move the file out of tmp before install?
> >
> ----
> shouldn't be necessary...
>
> Is it installed? What's output of command...
> rpm -q flash-plugin

[root at localhost tmp]# rpm -q flash-plugin
flash-plugin-10.0.22.87-release

> If it's already installed? What's output of command...
> ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

 [root at localhost tmp]# ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
total 4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 Mar 30 23:10 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

> Is plugin registered with nspluginwrapper?
> mozilla-plugin-config -i

[root at localhost tmp]# mozilla-plugin-config -i
-bash: mozilla-plugin-config: command not found