[CentOS] 5.3 Update Problem clamav-milter

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Apr 5 08:21:02 UTC 2009

Leo Arnts wrote on Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:20:08 +0200:

> After performing an update from CentOS 5.2 to 5.3 with yum update I have
> an error with clamav-milter
> The clamav-milter won't start.

Can you please start a new thread? (You hijacked an existing thread and
just changed the subject.)
Add the rpm -q output for clamav-milter and related programs, like clamav
and sendmail to your new posting.
I doubt that you problem results from the update. clamav-milter is not part
of CentOS. Your problem likely was caused by the restart and existed
already, maybe some wrong config variable or so.

(Starting Clamav Milter Daemon: clamav-milter: unrecognized option
`--local'
ERROR: Unknown option passed
ERROR: Can't parse command line options)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany