[CentOS] kernel update doesn't update grub.conf

lincohn john taogo123 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 15:49:17 UTC 2009

I just updated kernel manually last evening: that is, directly using rpm and it did update the grub.conf. Well, you can always manually edit the grub.conf file, right?

BTW: I managed to install 5.3 on the very first generation MAC PRO (xeon 2.66, XT1900) last weekend with old kernel: I took a detour in order to install it directly from CD iso. The system Hung several times and the DVD rom was NOT recognized. However, after updated to the newest kernel last evening, the DVD ram recognized and it did NOT hang any more: at least for about 6 hours.

Cheers!
Lincong