[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Sat Apr 11 18:35:17 UTC 2009

On 4/11/09, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> Akemi: I believe it is also very possible that after I did "modprobe
>> fuse" as root last night, that I did not reboot. I believe the reboot
>> is required, to get that running? This is critical, because I have
>> files for our web sites on the NTFS partition that I cannot write to a
>> CD-RW while using Windows.  :-)   The Windows SW gets into a loop and
>> the estimated time just keeps increasing and increasing. I can write
>> those files with K3b, without any problems.    :-) I am getting more
>> SELinux alerts now, after the upgrade to 5.3.    Lanny
>
> You may not need them now, but other approaches that might work would be
> having a fat partition that both windows and linux could access, or
> running one or the other under VMware or Virtualbox so you don't have to
> reboot between OS versions and can use either samba or the VM folder
> sharing to access files on the other side.

Les: Years ago (before CentOS 5?), I did have a FAT partition like
that. The current SW available for CentOS, for NTFS, has been doing a
great job for me. I don't recall having this problem, with previous
CentOS upgrades, and it was easy to cure. To clarify what I meant by
the reboot, after "modprobe fuse', I meant rebooting Linux, to get
fuse started. Wish I had a box with more RAM, so I could try VMware or
Virtualbox. That is something I want to try, but this box only has 512
MB of RAM. Lanny