[CentOS] x86_64 server OOM problems after update to 5.3

Rick Barnes linux at sitevision.com
Mon Apr 13 18:18:30 UTC 2009

JohnS wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 10:31 -0400, Rick Barnes wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  I have had mysql die multiple times from oom-killer.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Rick
> ---
> In seeing what you do I would be looking at the queries being made.
> SPROCs, Triggers, Views. Also very import is if that one particular data
> base is doing graffing "running predictions" as you all do GIS and
> Mapping. Predictions can be huge memory burners. Last thing does it run
> as a virtual machine or on real hardware?

This is a real hardware server. It is not doing GIS or mapping of the
like, most of the DBs on this are for web sites, mostly form data
storage, some CMS DBs for joomla, WP, etc. also some others for cacti
and powerdns backends.

I have setup some scripts to watch the swap usage to see if I can track
this down.

Thanks for the help

Rick