[CentOS] Clamd and Amavis

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:50:48 UTC 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 19:29:42 Ned Slider wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >> And maybe that's true, did you check whether it exists?
> >
> > It doesn't. I'm under the impression that a socket cannot be manually
> > created, but has to be created by the application, so I simply don't know
> > what to do about this.
>
> My tired brain has only just digested the above paragraph - my guess
> would be that the clamav user doesn't have permissions to write to
> $MYHOME so can't create the socket?
>
> My socket is located at /var/run/clamav/clamd and the /var/run/clamav
> dir is owned by clamav:clamav with 755 perms. The clamav user is also a
> member of the amavis group.

I'm not at the server at the moment, so I'm writing this from memory.  I did
check that the user clamav is a mamber of the amavis group.  Clamd is using
/tmp/clamd.socket (IIRC) so I've set amavis to that.  Both clamd and amavisd
restarted correctly, so I'm hoping that's fixed it.

Thanks for your help

Anne