[CentOS] Possible bug?

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Apr 13 21:56:46 UTC 2009

nate wrote:
> Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>> I had some problems with apache, and there were so many, (caused by
>> removing ispconfig) I decided to just remove and re-install.  This is
>> what happened when I tried to do so, both from remote and via console.
>> I tried the DVD as well as yum, and got essentially the same thing.  My
>> webserver  is down, and I'd sure like to get this fixed if anyone can
>> help out.
>>

> You try just running rpm -i <path to httpd packages> ?
>
> Those errors look specific to yum and you can probably get the
> system up faster by bypassing yum for now.
>
> nate

Nate,

    The command yum clean all took care of the problem.  I had no idea
something as simple as that would make the stuff work!  I almost tried
that while I was at the POP, but figured it was more of a problem with
pirut or python or something.  Anyhow, I cleaned it, reinstalled apache,
and all is back running now.

Thanks yall...

Sam