[CentOS] DKMS and new(er) Nvidia-drivers

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Apr 14 15:57:29 UTC 2009

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

What the artifacts?
I switched to the DKMS module in rpmforge and am running an AMD CPU.
Only think I've noticed is a weird issue with the cursor in thunderbird,
I don't know if that is nvidia related or not though. It is annoying and
I don't recall it being there before I updated the driver.

Asus M2N board
AMD X2 CPU (I think a 5200 - I forget - 2.6 GHz)
nVidia Corporation NV42 [GeForce 6800 XT] (rev a2)

nvidia-x11-drv-173.08-1.beta.el5.rf
kernel 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 x86_64