[CentOS] rt3 3.8.2 latest version as rpm for C5?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:12:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know, epel has rt3 in version 3.6.x.
> And - sadly - for version 3.8.x the perl module dependencies are way
> ahead of what I can find in epel or rpmforge.
> But we really need some of the 3.8.x series features.
>
> So has anybody maybe built those modules + rt3 v3.8.x for C5?
> Any hint?

I started to run down this rabbit hole and had most of it built via
mock and one of dag's cpan-> rpm scripts. After a few rounds of
builds, it became immediately apparent that some of the requirements
directly conflict with the perl rpm shipped by centos and RHEL.
Specifically the Encode bits required by RT 3.8 are much newer than
what is provided in the centos perl rpm. I wasn't willing to do that
level of replacement when building RT because I didn't need the
feature sets in 3.8 and I wasn't aware of what else that might impact
for other users.

George Orwell