[CentOS] Dual-boot with WinXP, CentOS already installed

Thu Apr 16 18:06:03 UTC 2009

On 4/16/09, Toby Bluhm <tkb at alltechmedusa.com> wrote:
> David G. Miller wrote:
>> "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se> wrote:
>> As noted in other replies, Windows not not play well with anything
>> else.  Your best bet would be to disable/remove/disconnect the drive
>
> I installed Win7 beta on the open partition at the end of my laptop disk
> and had to dd restore the mbr so I could boot to Centos again.
>
> It's amazing that after all these years of multi-booting PCs, MS still
> arrogantly stomps all over your setup. Idiots.

Toby: M$ is completely unaware that any other OS exists. Or, they will
never admit to that.  However, 1 or 2 days ago, I saw a listing for a
temporary job assignment in Redmond, WA, with "The Software Giant",
for someone to work with a team of people who are the only ones there
who work with Linux. They are the "Linux experts" in that place.  I
assume it is for M$, but not positive about that.   :-)  There is a
web page on the CentOS Wiki about how to reinstall GRUB, if it gets
trashed or is overridden when installing another OS.    Lanny