[CentOS] failure to install python-tools

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 13:11:46 UTC 2009


From: James A. Peltier <jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca>
> Anyone else having trouble when installing python-tools?
> sudo yum -y install python-tools
> Password:
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
> adobe-linux 
> |  951 B     00:00
> extras 
> |  951 B     00:00
> base 
> | 1.1 kB     00:00
> updates 
> |  951 B     00:00
> addons 
> |  951 B     00:00
> 3 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package python-tools.x86_64 0:2.4.3-21.el5 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: python-tools
> --> Processing Dependency: tkinter = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: 
> python-tools
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package python-tools.x86_64 0:2.4.3-21.el5 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: python-tools
> ---> Package tkinter.x86_64 0:2.4.3-21.el5 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: tkinter
> --> Processing Dependency: libTix8.4.so()(64bit) for package: tkinter
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package python-tools.x86_64 0:2.4.3-21.el5 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: python-tools
> ---> Package tkinter.x86_64 0:2.4.3-21.el5 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 for package: tkinter
> ---> Package tix.x86_64 1:8.4.0-11.fc6 set to be updated
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> python-tools-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
>    --> Missing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 is needed by package 
> python-tools-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 (base)
> tkinter-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 from base has depsolving problems
>    --> Missing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 is needed by package 
> tkinter-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 (base)
> Error: Missing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 is needed by package 
> tkinter-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 (base)
> Error: Missing Dependency: python = 2.4.3-21.el5 is needed by package 
> python-tools-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64 (base)
> jpeltier48: sudo yum -y update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
> 3 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Update Process
> No Packages marked for Update
> jpeltier49: sudo yum -y upgrade
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
> 3 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Upgrade Process
> No Packages marked for Update


Works for me, but I am i386 with 5.3 updates...
Maybe try yum clean all or yum makecache
Is python (2.4.3-21.el5) installed?
If not, maybe try to install it first...

JD


      



More information about the CentOS mailing list