[CentOS] Weird performance problem

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Apr 23 02:01:44 UTC 2009

Can you find the first time this problem occoured?  How about trying
older kernel versions?

You are either dealing with misbehaving hardware/driver or you need to
tweak the settings on your clock source.

Believe it or not but good sources of info to fix this affect vmware
also so read those docs.

On 4/20/09, Ugo Bellavance <ugob at lubik.ca> wrote:
> JohnS a écrit :

>>> As noted at the top of that wiki page, the contents need to be
>>> updated.  When I added that note, I intended to do it asap but have
>>> not had a chance to do so.  However, the link referenced in there (
>>> http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1006427 ) is the best source for timekeeping
>>> at this moment.  In short, CentOS no longer offers 100Hz kernels
>>> because the divider=10 kernel option now works.
>>>
>>> Akemi
>> ----
>> Thanks Akemi for the update on it. That should fix hin up,
>
> I'm not using VMWare, I'm using OpenVZ...
>
> Ugo

Sent from my mobile device