[CentOS] centos firewall?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 24 23:28:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 16:22 -0700, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > As for editing the firewall, (without the setup program) you would
> > use
> > the "iptables" command and it's switches to get the work done.
> >

> [root at Server1 bin]# man iptables
> No manual entry for iptables
> [root at Server1 bin]# man ipchains
> No manual entry for ipchains
> [root at Server1 bin]#
>

> So is there something wrong with what they set me up with?
----
ipchains for 2.4 version kernels, iptables for 2.6 kernels

# rpm -q iptables
iptables-1.3.5-4.el5

# rpm -ql iptables|grep man
/usr/share/man/man8/iptables-restore.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/iptables-save.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/iptables.8.gz

seems as though you need to install iptables package

Craig

believed to be clean.