[CentOS] Centos convert to rhel?

Spook ZA spookza at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 18:09:00 UTC 2009

2009/8/1 Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

> Connie Sieh wrote:
>
> >> If centos falls I have no choice but to go to redhat. I am wondering if
> >> the conversion will be easy or a complete reinstall.
> >
> > There are other RHEL rebuild projects out there.
>
> I'm very grateful to CentOS, which is running my home server.
> I used to run it under Fedora, but that required a lot more thought.
> My thanks to the CentOS team, and best wishes.
>
> I too am greatful for CentOS.
Growing up with Redhat from the days of 4.3, I have grown accustomed to it
and it's way of doing things.
When the fork happened, Fedora was not an option due to the short life cycle
and bleeding edge technologies employed.
What I needed was stability and longevity.

I am confident that the dev team can be successful in their endeavours to
keep this project running smoothly.

Good luck chaps.

-Andrew.