[CentOS] Can not modprobe acpi-cpufreq.ko in CentOS 5.2

Ian jonhson jonhson.ian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 07:18:21 UTC 2009

>> -------------  dump of screen ------------
>>
>> # modprobe p4-clockmod.ko
>> FATAL: Module p4_clockmod.ko not found
>>

> odd that you modprobe'd p4-clockmod but it complained that p4_clockmod
> is missing...
>
> or is this a typo in your post?

oh...typo (copy wrong messgae).  I already tested the p4-clockmod.ko just now.
both is outputted same message: (do again)

# modprobe acpi-cpufreq.ko
FATAL: Module acpi-cpufreq.ko not found

# modprobe p4-clockmod.ko
FATAL: Module p4_clockmod.ko not found

I first tried the acpi-cpufreq.ko because the module is recommended by
kernel 2.6.20+. After not effect, I also tried the p4-clockmod.ko since
my machine is intel processor: