[CentOS] things weirdly different in new installation

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Aug 2 11:53:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:47:34PM -0400, fred smith wrote:

> I've just built a new system and installed latest Centos 5.3 on it. My old
> box also has an up to date Centos 5 on it.
>
> Some things are just plain different between the two installations, and
> it's stumping me why that would be. Example:

One other thing that is "weirdly" different:

On the old box, when the screensaver kicks in (I have it set for blank
screen only) it takes 5-10 seconds to fade to black.

On the new box it changes instantaneously.

I'm guessing there's some setting I can make in gconf-editor that controls
that, but so far I've not found it.

But wherever it is set, I've never messed with it on either box, so why
would one fade to black slowly, and the other instantaneously?

Anyone know how to adjust that setting?

Thanks!