[CentOS] php-pdo

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:02:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Karanbir Singh<mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 08/04/2009 10:13 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
>> I wish to use PostgreSQL with PHP+PDO. I haven't use PDO before.
>>
>> I have the php-pdo package installed on my CentOS 4.7 server:
>>
>> # rpm -qa |grep pdo
>> php-pdo-5.1.6-3.el4s1.10
>>

> on the command line :
> php -i | less
>
> should give you more info on what is going on. also make sure the
> php.ini in /etc/  is the standard distro one and not something custom.

Thanks! Here seems to lie the problems:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line
0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so' -
/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol:
pdo_raise_impl_error in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so' -
/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_sqlite.so' -
/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_sqlite.so: undefined symbol:
pdo_raise_impl_error in Unknown on line 0

This is strange, because:

# ls -lah /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 91K Apr  7 16:03 /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so
php-pdo-5.1.6-3.el4s1.10

So I did:

# rpm -e --nodeps php-pdo php-pgsql

# ls -lah /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so
ls: /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so: No such file or directory

# yum install php-pdo php-pgsql

# ls -lah /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 84K Jul 31  2008 /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo.so

# service httpd restart

And now it seems to work. There must have been something fishy in the
previous rpm installation...

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Cheers,
Peter