[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Aug 6 14:45:05 UTC 2009

Just to answer two of those questions:

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> THE WIKI:
>
> For me a wiki is a collaboration platform which should be accessible
> to every contributor in the same manner (except the front  and user
> pages). That means there should be a join process (where you have to
> agree to the cc license) which then leads to EditGroup membership.

Yes. That hasn't been furthered by me because of what is in the open by
now. I wanted to have some things cleared first - this has now happened.

> A comment function could be a good feature but in a comparatively
> small community like ours, most of everything can be discussed via ML
> or could be handled through page changelog.

There is no real functional comment function for moin, afaics.

> THE BUGTRACKER:
>
> The CentOS bugtracker contains a lot of upstream bugs that cannot be
> fixed here. We have to make sure that these are tracked upstream and
> fixed there.

Everybody is invited to help us to do that. Looks like there are only
about 4 to 5 people who regularly look at bugs and take care about them
without being pointed to specific bugs by others.

This is something which has *no* barrier at all.

Ralph