[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:18:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM, R P Herrold<herrold at centos.org> wrote:

> Some people are perhaps offended that the less public CentOS
> infrastructure levels do not invite them in -- I cannot help
> their wounded feelings.  Indeed, in part it may be that some
> talented people drift away or withdraw for such a reason.
> While I regret the loss of their enthusiasm, there is an art
> to 'keeping the lights on' at a major distribution

Russ,

During my 'relatively short' history with CentOS, I have seen a number
of talented people giving up on helping in the CentOS community.  This
is sad and I was hoping the "core" CentOS admins would make an effort
to prevent this kind of loss from happening.  I still believe they do
and the above statement is strictly your personal view (as you rightly
said).

Akemi