[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Aug 7 16:54:17 UTC 2009

Bob Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 10:40 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> Ned Slider wrote:
>
> [huge snip]
>
>> Look ... if you understand how build work, and I know you do, then you
>> understand that one can not release updates that are built on 4.8
>> without releasing 4.8.
>>
>> If you need the updates faster, feel free to pay Redhat for them.
>>
>>> There - I feel so much better getting that lot off my chest :)
>> There are always other distros if you don't like this one ...
>
> Exactly the *wrong* response. I wonder if responses similar to this
> loses potential users or loses existing customers. Personally, it
> disgusts me.

It is not *wrong* ... any more than your response is *wrong*.

Your opinion is for you and my opinion is for me.

And the GREAT thing about open source is, there is always another
project if you don't like the current one.

My point is, the CentOS team has put in an unbelievable amount of time
and effort to build this distribution.  We will continue to do so.  If
you like it use it. If you don't like it, don't use it.

If someone has a major problem with the distro, then they should find
one that they don't have a major problem with.  I don't want hard
feelings or anyone to be upset, but if we are not meeting your
expectations then you might be able to find another that does.  I do not
think you will ... but trying is certainly better than being upset.